For me, representing Canberrans in the Australian Senate is all about helping to build a better future for you and your kids.
It’s about standing up for the community you love. That means keeping you safe and letting business get on with creating jobs.
I’ve lived in Canberra my whole life.
Born in Woden Valley Hospital and raised in the Tuggeranong Valley, I saw the city grow with me. I studied Arts and Law at the Australian National University and then moved into the Commonwealth Public Service.
All along the way I've been inspired by the organisations I've worked with, like Adopt Change, ACT Down Syndrome Association, JDRF, Kulture Break, Dainere’s Rainbow and Karinya House.
I’m about real solutions that deliver for your future.
The experience to deliver
- Minister for International Development and the Pacific from December, 2020
- Assistant Minister for Finance, Charities and Electoral Matters (May, 2019 to December 2020)
- Assistant Minister for Treasury and Finance from (August, 2018 to May, 2019)
- Assistant Minister for Science, Jobs and Innovation (December, 2017 to August, 2018)
- Assistant Minister for Social Services and Multicultural Affairs (July, 2016 to December, 2017)
Service for the ACT
- Federal: Served in the Senate for the Australian Capital Territory from 2013.
- Territory: Served in the Australian Capital Territory Legislative Assembly 2004-2013
- Territory: Parliamentary Leader of the ACT Liberals and ACT Leader of the Opposition, 2007-13.
Do you like this page?